Monday, August 31, 2015

Red Or Blue, Does It Matter To You?

According to The Tennessean, Tim McGraw and his wife Faith Hill will attend a Nashville fundraiser with Democratic presidential candidate and former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The fundraiser will reportedly take place in Music City on September 29, but few other details have been released about the upcoming event. Tennessee has traditionally been a state with a conservative majority and several of the Republican presidential candidates have been eying the Nashville area for events on their campaign trails. One of those GOP presidential hopefuls is Donald Trump, who spoke at the National Federation of Republican Assemblies held in the Nashville over the weekend.
      McGraw has voiced his support for Democratic presidential candidates before. In 2008, Tim told People magazine that he is a blue-dog Democrat, saying of his political views, "I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but that's what I am." A blue-dog Democrat has been described as a Democrat who has some moderate and conservative views. McGraw also told the publication that he supported then-presidential candidate, Barack Obama. Tim said, "My wife and I and our family will do everything we can to support Obama. I like his ideas, I like his energy, and I like the statement he would make for our country to the world."
      So here's our question to you: Does an artist's political affiliations matter to you? Are you less likely to enjoy their music if they don't agree with you politically? Drop me a line and let me know what you think:

No comments:

Post a Comment